Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

What's wrong with me? I'm almost 40 years old, but still have the mind of a 15 year old metal head. I can't shake it. I have dumb rock n' roll on my brain almost all of the time (when I'm not thinking about sex or beer or worrying about money). Let me welcome you to a day in the life:

August 3, 2011

8:35am: Passed a street in Boulder called "Moorhead". All I could think is that someone should climb up that pole and stick a "t" between the two "o"s.

9:40 am:  Stopped at a light behind a car with a plates ending in "TYR". This is the title of a bad Black Sabbath album from 1990.

12:10 pm: Became involved in discussion with two 15 year old kids about the awesomeness of Dokken and The Scorpions. They were impressed that I saw both bands live "back in the day".

12:30 pm: Stopped at a railroad crossing, waiting for a long, slow train to pass. I couldn't' get the Doobie Brothers' "Long Train Runnin" riff out of my head. (OK, it' kind of a wimpy tune, but it's still a cool riff)

4:50 pm: Saw a Facebook post linking to an article about taxes or something. The author: Randi Rhoads. I didn't read it, I just though about a polka-dotted Flying V and the "Mr. Crowley" guitar solo.

7:00 pm: Band practice! - singing heavy tunes about girls and rockin' - with lots of bad rhymes and guitar solos.

(Note: These are just some highlights. I'm not including the time I spent today teaching guitar at rock camp or talking to my band about music or listening to my iPod in the car)

I just wish I could find a way to make some real money out of this affliction. Maybe Eddie Trunk or Chuck Klosterman could use an assistant?

1 comment:

  1. I love your rock n roll brain Bret. Check 1 check 1 check check 2...

    ReplyDelete